Win32 packages released on sourceforge

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Mon Mar 22 09:54:28 CST 2004

Paul Millar <paulm at astro.gla.ac.uk> writes:

>>> It depends on how you define regular. If you mean
>>> daily/weekly builds, I have no idea. But I can build
>>> winetest.exe when I build the win32 packages, when
>>> A.J. releases wine.
>>
>> That would be a LOT better than what we have now.
>
> I'm adding cross-building as part of WRT, so we'd get
> winetest.exe rebuilt as changes are made to CVS (&
> everything else too, if people want that).  Its nearly
> there, having worked around some mingw/COFF nasties.
> There's one last hurdle: winetest.exe itself.
>
> From what I can see, the script programs/winetest/maketest
> builds the winetest.rc file.  If the variable WINE_BUILD
> is set, it is used as the first element of the
> string-table, otherwise an auto-generated string is used,
> for example "20040322.1508-auto".
>
> This makes winetest.exe build-time-dependant, so screws up
> the check to see if anything's actually changed.
>
> Can I set WINE_BUILD to some fixed value?  If so, what's a
> good one to use?

You can set it to anything that unambiguously identifies
your build.  Something like the date of the latest CVS
commit.

Two side notes:
* winetest.exe (cross-compiled) is unusable at the moment,
  working on it
* please read the comment in Dimi's recent patch:
  http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-patches/2004/03/0258.html
--
Feri.