Winetest questions

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at
Sun Nov 7 17:21:02 CST 2004

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 02:01:13PM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
> 1. Why are all the archived posts to wine-test-results empty?
> See
> Every message body is empty!  What's up with that?

That's a good question. Chris, what's going on?

> 2. The URL appears to contain
> digests of all winetest results received by the server, but
> this information is not documented anywhere I could find
> at  Seems like a top level page is in order.

Yes, one is planned for (Under
in the right-hand box), but nobody did it until now. It need to
  -- an explanation for the entire winetest business
  -- ditto for winrash (
  -- where they can download them
  -- how they can help by actually running them (winrash is preferred)
  -- a legend for the test pages

Any volunteers? :)

> 3. winetest.exe currently assumes you're running under Windows.
> See main.c line 577:
>   (putenv ("WINETEST_PLATFORM=windows") ||
> Wouldn't it be useful to allow Linux results to be computed
> and reported via winetest, too?   Presumably it could detect
> that it's running on Linux somehow.  (perhaps by running uname -a...)

It would be cool (and we support it), but in practical terms, it will
be more of a problem (that's why we explicitely disable it). We know
that all tests run under Wine/Linux anyway, so it would provide little
additional benefit, but the potential to screw up our reports is rather