No RichEdit20A window class

Krzysztof Foltman kfoltman at portal.onet.pl
Sat Nov 27 07:25:32 CST 2004

Shachar Shemesh wrote:

>> - MBCS support (and it would be very hard to add)
> Then you are doing something very wrong. Aren't you working in Unicode?

I am. However, I've assumed that one character = one wchar_t, and there
are no prefix/suffix non-printable characters.

However, I'm speaking about encodings where character size may vary
depending on a character. Like using utf-8 internally.

All string operations (even benign ones like calculating number of
characters) become much more complex, instead of O(1) mapping between
character index (in characters) and character offset (in bytes or
words), we have O(N).

Chris