Moved dll list from DEVELOPERS-HINTS into separated file

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 10:27:23 CST 2004

Hi,

>I personally don't think it's really useful without more detailed
>information on each dll, but in any case this belongs to one of the
>sgml documents, not a stand-alone ASCII file.

c2man.pl will generate a blurb for each dll in the source tree when
building API docs, if one of the dlls source files contain a
supplimental comment named after the dll. IMHO this is the best place
to put a description of the dll. It appears in the generated docs
above the list of exported functions and makes a natural lead-in to
the dlls documentation page. The info is then also available by "man
dllname" if the generated docs are installed.

See the top comment in dlls/shlwapi/shlwapi_main.c for an example.

Cheers,
Jon

=====
"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come;
 Don't you sit around and waste this chance..." - Live

jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com