Audit the buttons code

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Oct 5 08:46:35 CDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 07:32:18PM +0900, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> I didn't oppose a comment itself, I don't like that it confuses people
> by mentioning comctl32. That's simply not true.

Dmitry, please stop repeating misinformation. Go read the MSDN, I've
provided you with the relevant URLs. Here is the situation:
  -- in XP, there are *two* implementations of the standard controls:
     the old one in user32, and a strict superset, in comctl32.
     Applications can ask for the one in comctl32 by specifying so
     in their manifest file. This is done so that applications continue
     to run on older versions of Windows.
  -- since we don't have the same constrains as MS, and since we can't
     afford to maintain two versions of the standard controls, we are
     just going to extend the ones from user32 to the full capability
     of the ones in comctl32 ver. 6. As such, it make sense to audit them
     against the comctl32 ver. 6 documentation.

In other words, the comment is right on the money.

--
Dimi.