Winefile: fix "move file" implementation

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Thu Oct 7 11:15:29 CDT 2004

"Martin Fuchs" <martin-fuchs at> writes:

> What happens if two mounted drives want to use different code pages?
> CP_UNIX is only one constant, and can't handle both cases.
> I suspect, there is some inherent problem with this approach.

No, Unix file names are interpreted according to the Unix codepage,
that's how every other Unix program works too.

Note that using ASCII doesn't do anything to address that issue, it's
just silently broken. At least switching to Unicode forces you do to
the conversions in the right codepage.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at