winsock: errs and fixmes, unimplemented socket level

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at mbnet.fi
Sat Oct 9 05:16:29 CDT 2004

Hi!

When I start Space Empires IV, I get the following lines:

fixme:winsock:convert_sockopt Unimplemented or unknown socket level
err:winsock:WS_setsockopt Invalid level (65407) or optname (128)
fixme:winsock:convert_sockopt Unimplemented or unknown socket level
err:winsock:WS_setsockopt Invalid level (65407) or optname (128)
fixme:winsock:convert_sockopt Unknown SOL_SOCKET optname 0xff7f
err:winsock:WS_setsockopt Invalid level (1) or optname (65407)

The game does work otherwise perfectly, but the network playing is working
correctly. I can create a server, and clients can connect to it, but when
the server is supposed to send a game-file to the clients, nothing
happens.

This happens with the demo version too:
http://www.shrapnelgames.com/downloads/SE4GoldDemo.exe

Sincerely,