cvs update mystery

Dan Kegel dank at
Sat Oct 9 09:19:47 CDT 2004

Last night I did a cvs update and built, and got a build failure
dlls/amstream/amstream.c:40: parse error before "AM_Vtbl"

Evidently cvs update failed to update the files in dlls/amstream,
as it failed to pick up that part of this change:

2004-08-12  Alexandre Julliard  <julliard at>

	* dlls/amstream/amstream.c, dlls/amstream/main.c,
	  dlls/avifil32/acmstream.c, dlls/avifil32/avifile.c, ...
	  dlls/winmm/wineaudioio/audio.c, dlls/winmm/wineoss/audio.c,
	  include/objbase.h, include/rpcproxy.h:
	Get rid of the non-standard ICOM_VTABLE macro.

Repeated 'cvs update's didn't fix it.   cd'ing into dlls/amstream
and doing a cvs update directly in that directory worked, though,
and got me new versions of the files in that directory.

How strange.  Maybe I'll stop using this newfangled cvs system
and fall back on the old reliable ... uh, wait, cvs *is* the
old reliable one... grr...
- Dan

My technical stuff:
My politics: see for examples of why I'm for regime change