winetest results refused when run by wine

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Tue Oct 12 06:24:02 CDT 2004

Robert Reif <reif at earthlink.net> writes:

> I would like to see winetest used for more than windows
> compatibility and wine regressions. I would like to see it
> used as a diagnostic tool for specific hardware and os
> combinations and specific system configurations. [...]
>
> Since most people probably don't use sound or don't care
> about it, we are not getting as much feedback as we could.
> [...] It might even be interesting to optionally run
> winetest at installation time so we can tell them that
> what features of wine will and will not work on their
> system as they currently have it configured.

Do you mean you'd like to wade through the installation
reports of every people installing Wine?  How would you tell
which report belongs to whom?  Anyway, your business, but I
think we shouldn't mix those reports with those of the
offical test suites that test writers use for reference.
What default values do you think would serve for this
purpose?

OTOH if you'd like to see winetest reports from somebody who
complains, the -o option may come to your help, as you could
ask for the log file mailed to you.  But then you could as
well do without winetest, of course.

I suggest you come up with a concrete proposal we can
discuss.  Winetest is free software (and still incomplete),
you can change it or have it changed; I'm willing to help out.
--
Feri.