add epoll implementation to libwine_port (take 3)

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at
Tue Oct 19 10:21:31 CDT 2004

Mike McCormack wrote:

> Boaz Harrosh wrote:
>> [Q] Does that mean that we directly check if it is supported in
>> kernel, bypassing glibc all together? how do we avoid conflicts with
>> glibc?
> The definitions are wrapped by #ifndef HAVE_EPOLL_CREATE, which is set
> by a configure check.
> The end result is that we use this code if libc does not provide an
> epoll implementation, and use libc's if it is available.
> Mike
You do realize that many (somewhat old) glibcs have epoll_create defined
that is hardwired to return E_NOSYS without calling the kernel, right?

Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.