add epoll implementation to libwine_port (take 3)

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Tue Oct 19 12:32:53 CDT 2004

Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> You do realize that many (somewhat old) glibcs have epoll_create defined
> that is hardwired to return E_NOSYS without calling the kernel, right?

It won't do any worse than the code that is already there now, as we
fall through to the select code if epoll_create returns an error.

In the case of glibc that are missing epoll functions (like mine 2.3.2)
it will do better.

We could try to fall back to the syscall method if the glibc
implementation returns an error, but first I'd like to try and get this
more simple improvement accepted into the CVS.

Mike