Wine, openssl, kerberos, and "fixme:crypt:RSA_CPAcquireContext You have to install"

Dan Kegel dank at
Fri Oct 29 00:56:14 CDT 2004

Maybe this is old hat, but:

I ran into the message
fixme:crypt:RSA_CPAcquireContext You have to install and development headers in order to use crypto API
while running an app.  Looking at the code,
it's only issued if wine's configure can't find /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h.
But I have that file!  Digging deeper, I saw that ssl.h
includes krb5.h, which isn't on the standard include path.
explains the issue.  It looks like needs
to be modified as described in that bug report to check
for pkgconfig-openssl, and use it if present to guess
the cflags needed to use openssl:

$ pkg-config openssl --cflags

A workaround seems to be to configure like this:
./configure CFLAGS="-I /usr/kerberos/include "
This happily sets HAVE_OPENSSL_SSL_H in include/config.h.
- Dan

Trying to get a job as a c++ developer?  See