Create DLL stub files in c:\windows\system

Mike Hearn mike at
Sat Sep 4 09:29:00 CDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 14:52, Hans Leidekker wrote:
> You could make it look like a valid PE file by just adding a
> PE header, but the next failure would probably be on accessing
> some resource or something else inside the DLL.

Well, yes, I know. But solving that one 100% reliably means making a
cross compiler a buildreq of Wine, and that would be a big pain not to
mention the difficulty involved with linking PE DLLs to native ELF

It's probably best to just fix these sorts of apps as we find them on a
case by case basis.