Wine and industrial communication like OPC

Rickard Svensson riq at mail.com
Tue Sep 7 01:21:57 CDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Juan Lang <juan_lang at yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 21:59:37 -0700 (PDT)
To: riq at mail.com
Subject: Re: Wine and industrial communication like OPC

> > * We want to make a OPC server, because other
> > computers want to get information from our system.
> > Is there a problem in make a DCOM server, is it the
> > "no user can acsas port under 1024 on a Linux
> > system" problem.
>
> It's a problem for lots of reasons.  They add up to
> this:  this is unimplemented in Wine, and probably
> won't be implemented any time soon.

To bad, I ges that it wil take same time to inplement all the parts of DCom in Wine ;(

> > * What I have heard I thought DCom uset RPC??? But
> > Juan Lang wrote that Wine doesn't have support for
> > RPC
>
> Did I?  I certainly didn't mean it.  But you'd need to
> install the DCOM98 update to have any chance of
> success at it for now, at least if I read the code
> right.

You wrote:
< Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 08:27:49 -0700 (PDT)
< From: Juan Lang <juan_lang at yahoo.com>

< This method would allow us to act as a CIFS (TCP port 445) client.
< Acting as an SMB (TCP port 139) client isn't handled by the CIFS
< module, it's done by the SMBFS module.  Not sure what Steve's
< plans are here.

< Anyway, any of you guys interested in seeing RPC work under Wine
< (Greg, you still lurking around here?) might want to play around
< with this if you have time. I might myself once I land somewhere
< for a while, but no promises.

But perhaps I grabd that out of contens, you ment in this case.

Thanks a lot Juan for you answer!

/Rickard