MSCMS: new dll

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Sun Sep 19 02:29:39 CDT 2004

On Sunday 19 September 2004 06:06, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

> > LittleCMS library. I had to resort to some rather ugly preprocessor
> > trickery to be able to include lcms.h, since it happens to define basic
> > Windows types when not compiled on Windows ;-(.
>
> Then perhaps it's better to make lcms.h think that it's used in a Windows
> environment (define WIN32 or whatever it wants to see before inclusion).
> That will help to completely avoid all the ugliness with redefined stuff.

Yes, I tried that option but it has even bigger problems. First, the header
doesn't have such a define! It defaults to building on non-windows platforms
and requires you to edit the file if you want a Windows build.

Furthermore, when you do so it immediately includes windows.h, which is not
allowed within Wine.

> You have to use FIXMEs not TRACEs above to clearly indicate the status
> of the APIs.

Yes, thanks for pointing that out. I'll send an updated patch.

 -Hans