Contributing to WINE

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Sep 22 10:19:55 CDT 2004

Hi,

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Ronald Robin wrote:

  [NON-Text Body part not included]

When I try to read you email in pine I get:

>    [ Part 1, Application/X-PKCS7-MIME  11KB. ]
>    [ Cannot display this part. Press "V" then "S" to save in a file. ]

So to read it I would have to save it as a file and then try to figure
out how to read it (or wait for some other wine-devel subscriber to
quote it in a reply, thanks Mike<g>). I have also heard reports that it
causes some versions of mutt to crash. I don't know what happens if one
tries to read it in emacs (which is what Alexandre uses) but if it is
anything like pine or mutt this may explain the lack of response.

Finally I'll note than an 'empty' email like this is pretty likely to be
confused with spam or email sent by a worm with a spoofed email address
as is unfortunately so common these days. That's another factor that may
explain the lack of response.

So I would recommend reconfiguring your email agent to send plain text
emails, at least when posting to public mailing lists.

                              145 = 1! + 4! + 5!