wine/server registry.c

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 11:28:29 CDT 2005

On 4/20/05, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:

> Modified files:
>         server         : registry.c
>
> Log message:
>         Load system.reg and userdef.reg at server init time.

Hi Alexandre,

A while back I sent in a patch that restricted RegCreateKey (and it's
internal implementation) from creating keys in HKLM and HKU as stated
by msdn and the tests, and you replied:

> I don't think there's any point in replicating that behavior. I doubt
> there's any such check on Windows either, it's most likely just a side
> effect of the way the registry files are "mounted" at different places
> in the tree. Once we have a proper implementation of
> RegLoadKey/RegUnloadKey we should get the same behavior automatically.

We now have an implementation of RegLoadKey and I was wondering if
it's time to switch from CreateKey to LoadKey in the registry
initialization.  If not, what remains to be done?  Aside from the reg
init topic, is there any other change needed to the registry
subsection?  I guess what I'm asking for is a registry TODO if you
have one in mind.

Thanks,
James Hawkins