Help with debugging needed

James Liggett jrliggett at cox.net
Sat Aug 13 16:13:37 CDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 22:15 +0000, Stefan Dösinger wrote:

> I indeed was in doubt that ddraw or dinput are causing the problem, and I
> didn't find anything wrong in the DDraw code. Well, I'll see.
>
> BTW, Empire Earth crashes in exactly the same way in Cedega, where I expect
> the DirectX implementation to be quite different.

That's not too surprising. I agree with your theory that ddraw/dinput
aren't the problem. It probably has to do with some internal heap
function, maybe some kind of buffer overrun somewhere. And since Cedega
is basically a really old version of wine with a bunch of half-baked DX
hacks in it, I would expect the crash to happen there as well. Good luck
finding the cause though. ;-)

> Stefan

James