Wine: DirectDraw over Direct3D

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Tue Dec 13 03:53:57 CST 2005

> > What is slow with ATI cards? Â It seems that you should only need basic
> 3D
> > acceleration to do what you propose. Â Is fglrx missing something that
> would
> > be required for 2D rendering?
> Texture upload is very slow. glReadPixels, glWritePixels and friends take
> ages.  That means that blt, Lock, and Unlock is really slow.
> There is some hope at least: Xine and Mplayer can play videos over OpenGL
> really fast, maybe we can find out how they do it.
>
> Stefan

Indeed glReadPixels and glWritePixels might be slow using the Ati drivers
but  those calls weren't used for the texture uploading. For that purpose
just glTexImage2D / glTexSubImage2D calls were used. If texture uploading
was slow on the Ati drivers people would be unable to play games ;)

Roderick

--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* + WLAN-Router ab 0,- Euro*
Bis 31.12.2005 einsteigen! Infos unter: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl