[lostwages] Remove winetools from download page

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Dec 21 01:36:56 CST 2005

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 23:23, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> Thus removing it from the official download page is a wise choice. I'm we
> will still get number of users on wine-users and #winehq with winetools
> related problems. But at least we will stop spread of "bad habits".

I did'nt use winetools for quite a while now, but it was a great tool to get a
newbie up and running with wine back then. If it hurts us more than it helps
today, then we should take some action. But could we perhaps get in contact
with Joachim von Thadden before we remove the link? He has put a lot of
effort in winetools and he's a great wine advocate (He wrote a multi page
technical article on wine for c't magazine a few months ago, which is one of
the big computer publications here in germany. This article was based on
winetools, but also did a lot of advertising for CodeWeavers and Wine in
general). In my opinion he deserves some respect from our part. We should
give him a chance to fix the problems with winetools before we silently
remove the link.

Bye,
--
Michael Jung