advapi32:registry.c tests failing

Aaron Arvey aarvey at cs.hmc.edu
Wed Feb 2 00:27:58 CST 2005

I noticed that advapi32:registry was failing on my windows xp machine 28
times, but succeeding in my wine regression test runs.  I investigated
what lines were causing failures and changed some the values so that the
errors wouldn't exist on the windows test run.  This now causes wine test
runs to fail.

I looked through test.winehq.org and found the following:

Here it works (last time it worked)
http://test.winehq.org/data/200411101000/

Here it fails 28 times (first time it looks like it failed)
http://test.winehq.org/data/200411201000/

Here it also fails 28 times (most recent)
http://test.winehq.org/data/200502011000/

I wanted to know if there was something I'm misunderstanding or missing.
If not I'm going to change the registry.c tests to work on Windows XP and
thus fail on Wine.

Thanks for the information.

Aaron