Wine(server) priority inversion on CK kernel mailing list

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Sun Jan 9 09:45:08 CST 2005

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 13:25:00 +0100, Andreas Mohr wrote:
>> I have been running photoshop under wine
>> with 2.6.8.1-ck9 and 2.6.9 and it was good.
>> Is there any workaround for 2.6.10-ckx and wine
>> to get normal speed?

We had great fun with wacko scheduling problems in CrossOver for iTunes
and such, and I recently had a support ticket where a guy claimed with
2.6.10 and CX 4.0 he had massive slowdowns that made it unusable - but
with 4.1 (a bugfix release) it went back to normal speed.

Now IIRC we *did* have some scheduling changes in there, but I didn't work
on that, Mike McCormack and Jeremy White did. I seem to remember Mike
doing things like rearranging the file descriptors in the servers poll
array but I don't remember the details and I don't remember if these
patches went upstream (they were kind of last minute). Mike?

thanks -mike