Get FireFox button ?

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Jul 6 07:27:12 CDT 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 01:46:06PM +0200, Holly Bostick wrote:
> By the way, did you guys know that Mozilla.org links to CX on the
> plugins page?
>
> http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html
>
> Check the bottom of the page.
>
> They even bring Wine into it, and compliment Codeweavers for their
> support of the Wine project.
>
> Damn decent of them, really.
>
> But, whatever.
>
> Holly
Do I sense some slight disagreement in this mail? ;-)

Well, I for one am slightly astonished about that FireFox button reaction.

The whole world is talking about the lack of interoperability or community
efforts within the OSS community, and here we are blindly rejecting
any attempt to go into such a direction.

So, while it can very easily be considered not very "PC" to place a specific
Mozilla button on the main page, a non-specific "you may get a
standards-compliant browser here" button surely cannot hurt?
(provided a decent web site exists for such an effort, and provided we
really want to do that)

I mean, *did* we have a huge amount of pain from all the non-standard
web pages caused by the "less than perfectly" interoperable Intrusion Engine,
or didn't we?
And *did* we have huge pains from the continually reoccurring security
issues of IE or didn't we?

Next time you tell us we should remove the donation button from the
web page since it distracts users...

Andreas Mohr