file locking

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 19:08:20 CDT 2005

On 13 Jul 2005 17:18:19 +0200, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> If you want mandatory locking then yes this has to be done at
> the filesystem level, by setting the proper mount option and
> permissions. man fcntl should give you the gritty details.

Right.

What I meant was if I'm on Windows and run Word it will warn me if
another user already has the file open.  It won't let me open it for
writing, but I will have the option to open it read only.  On Wine
it'll just let me open and write to it regardless of what anyone else
is doing to the file.  Or am I overlooking something?

-Brian