RICHED20: TODO list additions

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Fri Jul 22 10:41:42 CDT 2005

"Phil Krylov" <phil at newstar.rinet.ru> wrote:

> Added some missing but useful items to the RichEdit TODO list.

> + * - full justification
> + * - hyphenation
> + * - tables

What kind of hyphenation richedit needs? Would an automatic, not
dictionary based algorithm suffice?

In 1996-97 I've developed and implemented that kind of algorithm for
russian language and MS Word/Pagemaker. It produces much better results
than Ventura Publisher for DOS and similar results to (released later)
builtin automatic hyphenation in Pagemaker 6.0 (russian edition).

The code has been written for TurboC/DOS but should be easy enough to
port), and I would be happy if it could be handy for Wine's richedit.
Just let me know and I'll send the sources.

--
Dmitry.