Dragon NS7 on wine

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Fri Jun 10 02:53:01 CDT 2005

Hi,

On Thursday 09 June 2005 01:00, wino at piments.com wrote:

> Installed from a CD using :
>
> WINEDLLOVERRIDES="ole32,oleaut32,rpcrt4=n" wine h:setup.exe

Why do you  do this? What errors do you get otherwise?

Aside from the problem described in the thread "TMStubImpl_Invoke Does not
support iface" using my existing big wine-c with IE and AutoCAD the setup.exe
does install the files without the above overrides. The "only" problem I get
is:

err:module:find_forwarded_export module not found for forward
'Ole32.DllRegisterServer' used by L"C:\\windows\\system\\comcat.dll"

And then when trying to start the applications a dlg that tells me that the
'nstex50.dll' can not be found though it is present in the c/Program
Files/ScanSoft/NaturallySpeaking/Program which also is my working directory
where I start e.g. the natspeak in ...

> No issues at all with installshield. One thing to note is to move all dlgs
> to one side since at some stage there is a yes/no modal dlg that pops up
> centre screen but does not come to the top of the z-order. Since it is
> hidden behind the logo/dlg and it does not have the focus you cannot
> access it.

Yep - same here. However I can move the dialogs covered behind the
Scansoft/Dragon splassh screen to click ok ...

> Now the sticky bit :
>
> wine natspeak.exe
> fixme:vxd:VXD_Open Unknown/unsupported VxD L"nwlink.vxd". Try setting
> Windows version to 'nt40' or 'win31'.
> err:toolbar:TOOLBAR_TestImageExist index 8 is not valid, max 8
> err:toolbar:TOOLBAR_TestImageExist index 9 is not valid, max 8

Hm - I do not get those - "just" the nstex50.dll not found error above.

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.t2-project.org