Theming for Wine via the registry

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Sat Mar 12 11:17:57 CST 2005

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 17:25:58 +0000, Oliver Stieber wrote:
> I may look at this in the future, it's important for wine to integrate
> with any accessibility tools provided by either QT or GTK if wine is to
> reach UK accessibility requirements,
> using GTK and QT widgets seems the best way to do this. has anyone
> looked at doing this in the past?

Ah, that's different. That'd actually require using Gtk/Qt which we cannot
do, the best we can get is to look like them.

To be fully accessible we'd need to implement the OLE Accessibility
framework and bridge it to AT-SPI or something similar.

> Some of the colours can be transferred like window background, to get
> part of the way there.

You'd think so, but I've seen a screenshot of Wine "Industrialised" and it
was truly terrible, unusable even. You really need to use the proper
widget drawing code to make it look good IMHO if the colours are very
different to what Windows normally uses.

A good start would just be to import the Win2K colour scheme.

thanks -mike