wine/ misc/registry.c documentation/samples/config

Boaz Harrosh boaz at
Sun Mar 13 10:01:11 CST 2005

Mike McCormack wrote:

> You're very quick to accuse.
> This is a techical list and we are technical people, so let's have a
> technical discussion about the benefits to Wine of the change, rather
> than a mud-slinging, name calling flame fest, OK?
I take every thing I said back. I meant in a technical focus sense. It
was not clear, and You are right in being offended. Please every body
who felt on the other side, forgive me!

> Thirdly, the description of Wine, from the front page of
> is "Wine does not require Microsoft Windows, as it is a
> completely free alternative implementation of the Windows API
> consisting of 100% non-Microsoft code, however Wine can optionally use
> native Windows DLLs if they are available."  There's nothing about
> Win4Lin like functionality in there.

Until recently it was also "and Optionally use native registry".