Wine's Documentation in French

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Wed Mar 16 00:11:46 CST 2005

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 03:36:12PM +0100, Francois Gouget wrote:
>
>>    * WineLib User Guide
>>      José CARRENO
>>      Yvon BENOIST (proofreading)
>>      http://fgouget.free.fr/wine/winelib-user.html
>

> I'm not sure it's a good idea to translate this one. First off,
> this guide is quite out of date. Second, it is directed at
> developers, just like Wine Devel one, so maybe we shoudn't
> translate it at all.

WineLib users are developers but in theory they should not need to
interact with the Wine project developers to port their application,
just like one is normally able to develop Windows applications without
having to talk to the Microsoft developers.

So in that respect, having the WineLib documentation in French can help
French companies port their Windows applications using WineLib.

There's still the issue of it being very outdated but it's already been
translated and (with the .po system) throwing the current translation
away won't reduce the work we have to do when the time comes to
translate it.

--
Francois Gouget
fgouget at codeweavers.com