STI, device drivers and stuff

Damjan Jovanovic dj015 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 05:42:54 CST 2005

Hi

--- Mike McCormack <mike at codeweavers.com> wrote:

> > 4. Anyone wanna help out?
>
> Sure.  I'm willing to help you build a frame for you
> to build your code
> in.  I've attached an IDL file for STI that I
> created a while back.  I
> don't think it compiles any more, but I should be
> able to fix it up and
> get it submitted.

Thank you, I appreciate it, I made an STI.IDL based on
your code that compiles with widl. Now I've "just" got
to write STI.DLL, STIMON.EXE, and some still image
minidrivers :-).

Why don't the definitions of LPDWORD, LPBYTE and other
pointers exist for widl? Should I leave my own
typedefs of those, or change the function declarations
to use DWORD*, BYTE* and the like?

I've noticed that STI.DLL uses the IStiDeviceControl
interface, which is defined by the STIUSD.H file I
haven't got (it might be part of the Windows DDK or
something). Any idea where to find it?

> Mike

Damjan