shell32: set %AllUsersProfile%, and fix shell folder registration

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Wed Mar 16 15:24:22 CST 2005

Juan Lang <juan_lang at> writes:

> All I see in dirid.c is a call to GetWindowsDirectoryW.  That, in turn,
> checks %windir%.  So the windows directory appears to be set on a
> per-process basis, not on a per-install basis.  This doesn't strike me as
> correct.

The variable is set from the registry, so all processes get the same
value. The only time windir is really taken from the environment is on
the very first run when the registry is empty, which will be the
wine.inf registration. This allows you to create an initial registry
with a specific windir (which defaults to c:\windows of course).

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at