Four questions to dll/iphlpapi/* wrt lstrcpyA.

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Sun Mar 20 18:18:34 CST 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, Juan Lang wrote:

> Hi Peter, there's nothing magical in here, your understanding is correct.
> I'll answer each question individually though.
>> 1) I am wondering, why sizeof(ptr->Adaptername) is used instead of
> That's just a style thing.  I prefer sizeof(thing being copied) to
> MAGIC_CONSTANT in case the structure being used changes.  That's unlikely
> in this case since the structure is defined in a public header.

It's not that unlikely. Microsoft has extended some of their structures
many times in the past. That's why some of them have have these cbSize

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
      We are Pentium of Borg. You will be approximated. Division is futile.