[WINEALSA] multiple sound card support patch review needed

Paul van Schayck polleke at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 15:24:16 CST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:52:13 -0500, Robert Reif <reif at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Paul van Schayck wrote:
> What happens when you have two or more identical cards.  Should we
> also look for dmix in the device name?

It will not add it of course. But I think there is something a bit
weird right now. We take the PlaybackDevice field and add :n behind
it. I think we should always look for hw:n and add PlaybackDevice as
default. And maybe rename PlaybackDevice to DefaultDevice.
This will still not discover all plug devices you set in ~/.asoundrc,
but it is already better.

Doesn't ALSA have some kind of function to discover all devices?

Paul