redirecting text to standard out

wino at wino at
Fri Mar 25 16:46:08 CST 2005

Thanks for that idea,

I was able to capture some output from Dragon Nat. Speaking using that

trace:text:DrawTextExW L"New-Paragraph ", -1, [(17,2)-(729,18)] 00000824
trace:text:DrawTextExW Params: iTabLength=0, iLeftMargin=0, iRightMargin=0
trace:text:DrawTextExW L"this text was dictated into NaturallySpeaking for
", -1, [(17,2)-(729,18)] 00000824

there's almost certainly a better way to do this but at least that gives
me a rudementary way of grabbing dictated text in a Linux process.

I could probably pipe it through grep to filter out the actual text from
the rest.

Unless anyone has a better idea ....

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:01:07 +0100, Hans Leidekker <hans at> wrote:

> On Friday 25 March 2005 16:14, Raphael Clifford wrote:
>> I am running a windows app under wine that prints text to the screen.
>> This can be copied and pasted into wine's notepad.  Is there any way to
>> get wine to simply output all text written by the app to standard out?
> I remember I did something like this to extract the word list
> from a Dutch dictionary program:
>  WINEDEBUG="trace+text" wine <app.exe> 2>&1
> Because my program can't display all words at once and
> because I didn't want to click the mouse button a hundred
> thousand times I wrote a little program to do it.
> I used xwininfo and xev to find the window id and
> coordinates of the down arrow on the scroll bar for the
> word list. The program would then send X button press
> and release events to this window in a loop.
>  -Hans

Opera 7 mail on Linux