unix filenames in notepad

William Poetra Yoga H williampoetra at yahoo.com
Thu May 5 03:31:29 CDT 2005

--- Paul van Schayck <polleke at gmail.com> wrote:
> We do need this for winecfg. If you want to setup virtual drive you do
> want to see the full unix fs. Winecfg needs to have to unix paths.
> Putting conversion code in winecfg was not really acceptable, an
> extension to was.
> This extension will become even more valuable because we want winecfg
> (or wine in particular) to start without having any virtual drive.
> People might have removed all drives (with winecfg).
> Paul

But surely, for this particular winecfg program we don't need to add extensions
to all of wine, right? I mean, if we extend the API this way, more will come.
And it's actually easier to extend than to trim down, so I say we'd better not
add this extension.

About winecfg, why not have a unix, text-based version of winecfg? More like
Linux's make config IMO. Then when the drives are already set up, we can run
the 'real' winecfg.

William Poetra Yoga Hadisoeseno

Do You Yahoo!?