comctl32: Make sure all msg's are dispatched while tracking a WM_LBUTTONDOWN msg

Rein Klazes wijn at wanadoo.nl
Thu May 12 07:04:09 CDT 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005 02:59:38 -0500, you wrote:

> Hey,
>
> This is a patch for the WM_LBUTTONUP msg problem, but I've taken the
> advice of Dmitry and now all messages are dispatched.
>
> Changelog
> * Make sure all msg's are dispatched while tracking a WM_LBUTTONDOWN msg.

Patches like this have been proposed before. They are wrong: Windows
*does* eat the WM_LBUTTONUP in the mouse track message loop. There are
cases when in Wine this mouse tracking is entered, where they are not
under Windows thus causing loss of messages.

http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2004/05/0159.html

http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2004/09/0072.html

Rein.