Software patents

Vassilis Virvilis vasvir at
Thu May 12 09:04:48 CDT 2005

gslink wrote:
>  Borland probably doesn't even
> realize that Wine exists although some of the people in Borland are
> probably very familiar with it.  I think you will find this to be true
> of all big software companies such as IBM and Microsoft.

IRC borland had a delphi for linux named kylix which if I remember
correctly used wine. They had 2 sets of widgets, native and qt classes
to ease development and porting. Here is the article. It also mentions
codeweavers... Really old news.

So it's not possible that they have never heard about wine before...