Video capturing under Wine, some overview

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Sat May 14 07:19:37 CDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 11:27 +0200, Eric Pouech wrote:
> well, I don't think we'd want to do the same mess for video than the one we (I?)
>   did (started) for audio.
> IMO, we'd be better off with a unique winevideo driver (from a windows point of
> view), which would then determine at startup time (or even at run time when we
> get HAL integrated) which unix driver to choose

Well yeah, but all this is a bit academic right now. Do we really have
anything other than v4l out there? If no, we just have a naming issue :)

... eh, we might have other video solutions on Solaris and *BSD. So what
we need is to figure out how similar they are. Anyway, maybe we should
name it winevideo after all.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.