Translate the WineFAQ to French (gettext)

Dimi Paun dimi at
Mon May 23 09:39:02 CDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 13:18 +0200, Francois Gouget wrote:
> However it seems kind of ironical to me to disable localization
> in a tool meant to produce a localized version of the documentation

People that do the translation must know English anyhow.
I think it's way more important to have a working tool.
I haven't seen anyone complain that our tools/* are not

A simple configure check will not do. We should just work
even if we don't have the module. If you care about i18n
on po4a, we can use it *if* it's present. But forcing users
to install it is not a solution.

Dimi Paun <dimi at>
Lattica, Inc.