Write problem with MS Office 2003

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Thu May 26 07:40:34 CDT 2005

> First, I would move the psfParent and rpidl variable declarations into the
> then-branch of the if statement, since this is the only place they are
> used. But this is of course personal preference.
Good, done so. I always thought this was a C++ invention.

> Second, please use the -pu flags when generating the diff. This makes the
> diffs more robust and more easily readable for humans.
One more question: I create my diffs with cvs diff -pu, but if I want to apply
them with patch, I have to specify the filename:

patch -p 1 -R < /home/stefan/Desktop/shell32.diff    (Just to test if the
patch is OK)
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|===================================================================
|RCS file: /home/wine/wine/dlls/shell32/shfldr_desktop.c,v
|retrieving revision 1.39
|diff -p -u -r1.39 shfldr_desktop.c
|--- dlls/shell32/shfldr_desktop.c      23 May 2005 16:31:42 -0000      1.39
|+++ dlls/shell32/shfldr_desktop.c      26 May 2005 10:28:22 -0000
File to patch:

I created the diffs from the wine root, and I apply the patches in the sources
root directory. If I specify the filedlls/shell32/shfldr_desktop.c, the patch
applies fine.

The new patch is attached for reference.

Any hints,
Stefan