MSXML: add some idl definitions (exposes a widl bug)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Thu May 26 06:53:12 CDT 2005

Mike McCormack <mike at> writes:

> This patch demonstrates a problem with widl.  This following
> declaration fails to parse correctly, as "async" is detected as a
> keyword, and disallowed as the name of a method in an interface.
> HRESULT async( [out,retval] VARIANT_BOOL *isAsync );
> For the moment, I've hacked this by renaming "async" to "async_".

Yes, keyword handling is broken. You can probably work around it by
adding async to the list of keywords supported by the ident: token,
but it would certainly be nice to fix this properly.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at