Google "Summer of Code"

Dan Kegel dank at
Tue May 31 23:18:52 CDT 2005

Dimi Paun wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 20:44 -0500, Jeremy White wrote:
>>To be candid, I'm tempted to set
>>the bar a bit higher than with some of the other
>>student projects you've been working on (e.g. help Ivan
>>get copy protection working); is that out of line?

Sure, the bar should be higher than in the UCLA project,
where all the kids had to do was contribute one conformance test.

> That may be a bit much. However, a perfect set of candidates maybe the
> integration projects:
> We have a full range from simple to complicated, and it has a good
> "feel" to them as they pull things together. It's all about cooperation,
> and it seems to me to fall perfectly well within the spirit of this
> initiative.

That's a nice list.  Can you link to it from

Wikis are nice and all, but they're kind of like information
ghettos unless you link to them from the outside...

Trying to get a job as a c++ developer?  See