DirectX 8 wrapper update

Willie Sippel willie at zeitgeistmedia.net
Sun Nov 20 11:24:06 CST 2005

Am Sonntag, 20. November 2005 17:50 schrieb Oliver Stieber:
> Hi,
>
>   I've updated the directX 8 wrapper with a load more bug fixes notably Max
> payne 2 now works correctly. For anyone who's interested the update patch
> is avaialble here:
> https://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=371929&group_id=13
>4206

Just gave it a spin, here are some results:

Out from Boneville, Telltale Games
Shows a black screen as soon as it enters D3D mode - music plays, menu gives
feedback, but it stays black. Used to show stuff without the patch. Demo
available at http://www.telltalegames.com/products?pc=bn0102&CID=0&dlact=1

Morrowind, Bethesda Softworks
Still gives the "unknown stencil mode" error and quits.

Freelancer, Digital Anvil
Mousepointer invisible (with and without your patch), lots of drawing errors,
particle effects displayed wrong or missing completely. Demo available at
http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/freelancer.aspx#downloads

Ciao,
Willie

--