Problem with serial port

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Nov 29 03:33:02 CST 2005

>>>>> "Félix" == Félix Ortega <guile-listas at hispafuentes.com> writes:

    Félix> Sorry, with my desesperation I forgot to tell you the version of
    Félix> wine I'm running is the 0.9.2 version. I have tried 0.9.0 and
    Félix> 0.9.1, with the same result. The strange thing is the driver does
    Félix> not use the WaitCommEvent call, tha I think is work in progress
    Félix> now.

No, most WaitCommEvent functionality is there. Maybe heavy use of threads
and some special case still cause trouble.

    Félix> I have another driver for a similar printer that does use
    Félix> this call, and doesn't work neither. I'm studying the windows
    Félix> source code of this second driver (I have access to it) to make a
    Félix> linux program that at least initialize the printer. I will keep
    Félix> you informed on this second project.

Look at the test directories and try to create tests mimicing your error.

    Félix> For the olivetti printer, I
    Félix> don't know what is the problem, and I don't know where to look
    Félix> for :(.

Perpaps some serial spy would be of help. Capture the communication of the
windows program with the device, do the same under wine and compare.

However I don't have a suggestion for a serial caputure program for you :-(
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de