Cannot compile 20050830 on Solaris 9

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Tue Oct 4 05:36:46 CDT 2005

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Rob D wrote:

> I have been trying to compile wine from source on Solaris 9 on x86.
> This has proven to be very frustrating.
> I had to rename a struct in one of the files in the tools/windump/main.c
> because of a name clash, but that was easy.

As a first step, could submit a patch fixing this problem?

> I am pretty new to the whole compiling from source thing on Unix, but have
> built several packages (including Wine), on various Linux platforms and a few
> on Solaris. The main problem I seem to be having is with the assembler
> portion.
> All goes well until it gets to the d3d8 directory, and I get the following:

Is this the first dll the Wine tries to compile? It looks like the
assembler does not like the code generated by winebuild (not that I
know anything about it, mind you) so I would expect every dll to get
these errors.

Also, I believe there's been quite a lot of changes in this area since
the 20050830 release. It might be worth trying 20050930.

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
May your Tongue stick to the Roof of your Mouth with the Force of a Thousand Caramels.