Improve Bugzilla Query page usability by changing default state?

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Oct 4 10:29:34 CDT 2005

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Dan Kegel wrote:
[...]
> This came up because a QA volunteer complained about
> how hard it was to start using the Bugzilla
> query page.  This was an annoyance for him, too.
>
> Fixing this would simplify the Bugzilla quick start on
> my 'Wine needs YOU to triage bugs!' page,
> http://kegel.com/wine/qa/#tools
>
> How do people feel about the proposed change?

Can't we simply bypass the standard Bugzilla search page altogether?
After all, all that's needed is for our custom form to build the right
URL. And then the customized form could have an 'Advanced Search' link
pointing to the regular Bugzilla query page.

http://bugs.winehq.org/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=foo&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=bar&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED

                   A black hole is just God dividing by zero.