[comctl32] Fix SEGV in file dialogs (bug 3366)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Oct 11 15:05:27 CDT 2005

Troy Rollo <wine at troy.rollo.name> writes:

> The following change seems to prevent the SEGV that frequently occurs when you
> double-click on a folder in the file open/save dialogs. This fix uses
> IsWindow() to test if the ListView still exists. I have handled all
> notifications other than those where it seems entirely implausible that the
> callback could destroy the window.

I think it would be a lot cleaner to put the IsWindow test in the
notify functions and make them return FALSE (or some appropriate code)
when the window is destroyed. Then all you have to do in the callers
is check the result instead of duplicating the IsWindow calls all over
the place.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org