How Do I launch a Native Linux application from Within Wine

Craig macLeod craig at
Wed Oct 12 20:28:40 CDT 2005

As the subject says,
    I have a Windows application and I wish to run a native linux application from withing it. The main Win32 API calls for running another apllication are

I have tried calling a native linux program with these (nautilus) and it consistently fails. Do I need a fully specified path (nautilus is in the search path mind you)?

It either does nothing or hangs Wine when I try calling these applications. I assume Wine is running the application as if it is a Windows app and failing.

Thanks for any help in advance.