directx 7/8/9

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Thu Oct 27 13:12:12 CDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 02:59:36PM +0100, Oliver Stieber wrote:
> > can somebody give me a light on the directx stuff in wine? Maybe i am
> > wrong, but
> > isn't it true that in each version are very similar renderstates..

(snip)

> > Is somebody working on this?

Actually not really as these warnings are displayed all the time when
DirectX initializes the default states at start-up. If the warnings come
later in the run of the game, then it's worth investigating.

So basically, what I say is that a patch removing the FIXME on 'default'
state would remove all this without breaking anything.

It's a bit like the 'SetCooperativeLevel' FIXME which people report all the
time but which does not mean that anything is broken.

> I've started some work on D3DRENDERSTATE_ZVISIBLE and D3DRENDERSTATE_VERTEXBLEND,
> D3DRENDERSTATE_VERTEXBLEND is the only one that is commonly used by applications.

Oliver,

Do you mean you started working also on the DDraw (i.e. D3D1 => 7) code ? If
yes, could you tell me on what parts / applications you plan to work on to
not duplicate work ?

Thanks,
          Lionel

--