Anarchy Online, Specular Lighting, Pixel Shaders....

Evil wine at eternaldusk.com
Sun Oct 30 20:44:52 CST 2005

Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:

> I see that the patch from Oliver which implements pixel shaders hasn't
> been merged yet, which might explain why they aren't working...

This probably explains my results with Anarchy Online tonight too, if I
don't misunderstand about shaders.

I got the AO patcher working, and the main game too after some tweaking
(basically, I had to force some native DLLs back to the built-in ones
after playing with Sidenet yesterday).  It even runs at a respectable
speed, except there are a lot of textures coming out completely black.

I see the following errors repeating while it's running:

    err:ddraw:set_render_state  Specular Lighting not supported yet.
    err:ddraw:GL_IDirect3DDeviceImpl_7_SetLight dvTheta not fully
    supported yet !
    err:ddraw:GL_IDirect3DDeviceImpl_7_SetLight dvTheta not fully
    supported yet !

There didn't appear to be any existing entries in the bug database for
AO, so I added this info there.  I'll re-test as I see patches coming
into CVS.

-Jesse